Problem with confirming bank account

XWarriar
Contributor
Contributor

To confirm my bank account I was supposed to get 2 small deposits, but I received 4. I tried putting the first 2, then the last 2 but none worked, and the bank account was removed. Someone please help. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@XWarriar 

Did you not wait the 4-6 business days for the code to show on a bank account in India and so requested the codes a second time?

https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-the-india-bank-account-linked-to-my-pay...

Every time you request a code to confirm a card or bank account it cancels the previous request/code.
If you input the first code to arrive it would be the cancelled one.
Do that 3 times with the first code and you would no longer be able to confirm your card or bank account that way.
The correct code would have been the second (or last) code you requested.

You would need to wait until the phones are up and running again and then ask customer services to add it for you.
They would probably request that you upload a copy of your card or bank statement to prove ownership of the account as you couldn't complete the code method.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

XWarriar
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to put the first 2 deposits, then the last 2, and then the middle 2 but none worked. Can I just retry? Add the bank account once again and follow the steps to confirm?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @XWarriar

Sorry to hear of the trouble confirming your bank. 

It sounds like you might have requested the button to confirm your bank more than once, which is more than likely why you received the duplicate deposits. If the wrong amount is entered, it will remove the bank, and you wouldn't have the option to link it again for security purposes. Please reach out to our customer support team to see what options we have to assist. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

XWarriar
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted customer service, and they unblocked the bank. Now I just have to wait to confirm the account. Thanks for replying 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.