Prepaid Visa as main card?

ykn213
Contributor
Contributor

So I added a prepaid visa card in my paypal account, and I'm wondering, since this is a prepaid card, will I be able to add money? For example, I have 3 dollars in my card, if someone sends me 5 dollars, will my balance for the card update to 8 dollars?

Also, the prepaid card was originally a 25 dollar prepaid, will I be able to recieve over the 25 dollars? Or is that the max amount I can have on the card?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ykn213 

No, the money won’t be added to the card. The $5 will be in your PayPal balance.

$25 is the max. If the card itself is a reloadable card, replenish the $25 after you’ve used it up without using PayPal to reload. PayPal don’t reload non-PayPal prepaid cards.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ykn213 

No, the money won’t be added to the card. The $5 will be in your PayPal balance.

$25 is the max. If the card itself is a reloadable card, replenish the $25 after you’ve used it up without using PayPal to reload. PayPal don’t reload non-PayPal prepaid cards.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.