Payment has not arrived in the bank & Negetive Balance problems

Pushpendra333
Contributor
Contributor

"Sir my payment has not arrived in my bank, i have gone to paypal help center for help but sir there automatically answer comes through computer...I contacted customer care no. <Removed> &amp; <Removed> but here also I did not talk on call only computer keeps talking Sir my paypal balance is also negative &amp; sir if i have any mistake then i accept Sir, whatever mistake has happened, that mistake will not happen in future, "I promise you* but fix my problem Sir i am getting reply only through computer but not able to talk to any person &amp; no number is working properly Sir your system is very bad Sir computer is not able to give the answer of my questions properly Sir I should talk with some person who can fix my problem I have all proof &amp; my 3rd payment receipt is not even... I sir have given you proof through pdf which payment has not been received in my bank but sir is showing completed from paypal Sir I hope you will give my complete help. Or sir, please give someone's number, website, link so that my complete help can be given, I can also give you the completed documents &amp; I can give all the proofs.Sir, whatever problem has happened in Paypal, I am desperate to fix it. "... Thankyou sir ------------ I can give you all the proofs &amp; documents

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.