Paying via PayPal on Steam demands bank account despite having already linked one

MaliBogic997
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently tried making a purchase on Steam using my PayPal account after freshly linking my bank account to it. According to the PayPal website, the account is succesfully linked, verified and everything has a green light. Steam does not agree however. Every time I receive the prompt to pay via PayPal, I log-in to my account and it asks me to add a bank or card to my account. Exiting that part (with an X sitting in the corner, not closing the popout window itself) leads me to the payment screen, however with no options that I can pick. Did I do something wrong? How do I fix this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MaliBogic997
Contributor
Contributor

Nvm, it fixed itself. I think it just took some time to work.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MaliBogic997
Contributor
Contributor

Nvm, it fixed itself. I think it just took some time to work.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdamC

Hi @MaliBogic997,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

I'm sorry for the late response, I'm glad to hear that your issue has been resolved! 

If you run into this trouble again and you're sure the bank account is linked and confirmed, I'd recommend refreshing your browser, logging out, and logging back in to try again.

Since the bank account is showing up on the PayPal account as confirmed, this is a good sign! 

If you're unable to resolve the issue in the future or you have another problem, you can reach out to us on our Social pages for assistance. Here are the links for you - Twitter (www.twitter.com/AskPayPal) or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPal).

Thanks.

PayPal_Adam
Login to Me Too

Negro1844
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.