Paying partially with PayPal balance and credit/debit card

mpreter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I was always able to pay with PayPal balance plus the rest if it was not sufficient with credit/debit card.

Now this feature is gone from PayPal, why is that and how can I enable it again?

Also, currency exchange in PayPal doesn't work.

Is anyone experiencing the same issues?

If anyone has some answers it would be great.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mpreter 

As you have not added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in then sadly can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

However if you have funds in your paypal balance they have to be in the correct currency to pay a seller, paypal only convert from a linked card or bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mpreter
Contributor
Contributor
I'm from Slovenia, EU. I'm using PayPal for quite a while now and I didn't have any problems until now. I have some balance in GBP and I want to convert to EUR, but it doesn't work. Says to try later. It used to give me an option to pay partially with balance and if not enough, the rest with card. Why they changed it, I don't know. But it is true, that I don't have balance in EUR at the moment. I would convert GBP balance to EUR but it doesn't work. Lately it's a lot of hassle with PayPal, it used to be quick and easy, now not so much.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.