PayPal won't remove a linked bank account.

Rentals
Contributor
Contributor

The title is pretty self-explanatory, despite the many issues I'm dealing with, after the total circus that PayPal has been and their complete silence as to my current complaint that has been escalated to the FOS. I have been trying for months to unlink my bank account from my PayPal account as it was linked by someone who was financially abusing me at the time, I want the account removed but they refuse to do so, what do I do now? Customer Support contact hasn't improved at all since my issues were raised so I'm unsure what I do now.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rentals 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-remove-a-bank-account-from-my-paypal-account-fa...

• If you're removing your primary bank account and you have other bank accounts linked to PayPal, you would first need to choose a new primary bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Willjoe
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure that all payments are already processed and there are no pending transactions
It’s quite obvious why PayPal would prevent bank removal if all made payments are not processed and there are pending transactions at hand. Of course, in most user reports we see that they indeed can’t find anything similar, but we encourage you to do a double-check.

Also, make sure that all subscriptions are declined. This is quite important. Select Settings (cog), choose Payments, and then select Manage automatic payments. There, under the Active payments, you should cancel all subscriptions.

Regards,

Will

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willjoe 

They have not been able to remove it for MONTHS so all bank transfers would have processed by now.

More than likely they haven't added a second bank account as required in my first post.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.