PayPal won't read my Mastercard debit gift card!! Please help!!

UltraHero7
Contributor
Contributor
I JUST got an $100 Mastercard gift card from Home Depot about 2 hours ago. And I registered it and added it as a payment option in my PayPal Wallet. But when I go to look at it, I get a message saying: "We can't process your request right now.". And when I add it as an option to purchase something, it tells me "You're all set!", but the correct card number isn't there!! I'm not sure what to do!!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Sean

Hello @UltraHero7, thank you for posting.

If you've tried to add your card to your PayPal account, but it was declined and you received an error message, it may be because:

- Your card has previously been added to 2 different PayPal accounts. If your card has been added to 2 different PayPal accounts in the past, it cannot be added to a third.

If you've tried to add your card to your PayPal account, but it was declined and you received an error message, it may be because:

- Your card has previously been added to 2 different PayPal accounts. If your card has been added to 2 different PayPal accounts in the past, it cannot be added to a third.

- You linked your card to your PayPal account but entered the card security code (CSC) incorrectly 3 times. 
What to do: Call us. We can help you finish linking your card.

If you are experiencing difficulties when attempting to access your PayPal account, please try clearing your cache and cookies or try using a different internet browser to access your account. If you are attempting to log in through the mobile app, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if this helps to resolve the issue.

If an issue persists, for safety and security, please contact our customer support team via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, chat or phone.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

UltraHero7
Contributor
Contributor
Actually, I managed to figure out what the problem was. It turns out that the app was showing something different than the actual site. On the site, I was told that my card needed to be verified and I needed to put in a code to verify it. It makes sense that I couldn't use the card until it had been verified. Once I verified it, the card worked like it was supposed to. The app never did show the whole "card needs to be verified" thing. Don't know why.. But hey: Problem Solved!
Login to Me Too

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @UltraHero7, 

Thank you so much for posting within our PayPal Community!

I am so glad this situation has been resolved and the card has been verified. Should any other issues arise, please reach out. Otherwise, thanks for being a valued PayPal member!

Thanks!

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.