PayPal not using preferred payment method

tjgalante
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had to remove the default credit card on my account. Previously, all of my payments would default to that card. I then added the new card to my profile and set it as my preferred payment method. Unfortunately, all of my payments are still being processed to my bank account, which is not ideal. Is there a reason why it is using my bank account? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jae

Hi @tjgalante!

I'm sorry to hear the incorrect funding source was charged for some of your payments. During express or mobile checkouts, you will be given the option to choose what funding source you'd like to use for that order. It usually defaults to your preferred funding source when it displays the options during checkout. Please note that changing your preferred payment method does not update your preferred funding sources for your billing agreements automatically. You will have to manually change the funding source associated to each billing agreement if a specific bank or card was chosen for that agreement in the past. I hope this helps!

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.