PayPal is not allowing me to buy crypto (Bitcoin) or transfer crypto to another address.

tracey_smith
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever I try and buy crypto or transfer it to an external address (cold-storage wallet), it does not allow me to do so and says "There's a problem.
Right now, we're not able to complete this transaction." Do any of you know why this is happening and how to resolve it?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jonathanofyore4
Contributor
Contributor

Tracy, I am having the same problem - I need to make a purchase with bitcoin and have the necessary address, information, etc -= I received the same message - why do these people make things SO COMPLICATED? I am so fed up with Paypal - but it's a necessary evil. 

Have you tried Cashapp - you can buy cryptocurrency there with NO FUSS AT ALL! Good luck!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @tracey_smith, @jonathanofyore4,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your posts!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with PayPal crypto. With PayPal you can send, receive, buy, hold and sell Crypto. PayPal supports the native transfer of cryptocurrencies between PayPal and other wallets and exchanges. You can find more information on how to transfer crypto here : How do I transfer my Crypto

It is entirely possible that you could be running into our security system. To provide one of the safest online payment services our internal security system reviews every transaction before it's approved. I recommend you to try again at a later date by clearing your cache and cookies from your internet browser or try to use a different internet browser or device. If the issue persists, please reach out to our team by clicking contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page for additional assistance.

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

GrizzlyAdam
Hi: I am having the same problem! I have tried dozens of times to transfer my BTC from PayPal to an external wallet, and I receive the same error message. It worked the very first time ($20 test run) but that was it. I called PayPal several times and they tell me it’s a security issue that they can do nothing about. Furthermore, they can’t even tell me what the problem is or how to resolve it because of the security involved! Do you have any other suggestions for this problem? Please help!
Login to Me Too

benzito
Contributor
Contributor

this is a damn shame help this customer pay pal support. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.