PayPal doesn't accept my IBAN number

Temp20230525EV
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I just wanted to connect my bank account with PayPal, so I entered my IBAN number, but PayPal doesn't accept it, It says "The bank information you have added is invalid or missing. Please try again." 

Could you help me?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230525EV

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525EV
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, sorry. Im from the Czech Republic. I entried IBAN with the "CZ" on the start

Login to Me Too

yvimarie
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem and I'm from Greece. What could I do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi yvimarie, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

We are aware of a number of customers who are currently unable to add their bank accounts to PayPal.

Recent changes to banking in Europe known as SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) mean that all customers must now use their IBAN’s with their PayPal accounts. In some cases, bank accounts are not able to be added even if they had been previously working with our system. This issue does not affect all customers of any one specific bank.

I would advise that you contact your bank to ensure your IBAN number is correct. Please mention that you are trying to add your bank account to your PayPal account. In some cases, you might receive a slightly modified version of your IBAN from your bank.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

LoadingSenpai
New Community Member

It is worth to mention that IBAN needs to be without whitespaces. A lot of banks will provide IBAN with spaces between segments and these won't work.

Login to Me Too

ANDREI_RO04
New Community Member
For me it says the iban should be 24 digits long, (but it is)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.