PayPal Bill Pay Wells Fargo Credit Card Error

Temp20220703C
Contributor
Contributor

Been trying to add my Wells Fargo Platinum VISA card to PayPal Bill Pay thru More/Pay Your Bills/Add a New bill/Credit Card/Wells Fargo Credit Card Also known as: Wells Fargo Financial without any success for over 3 days now, despite triple checking the acct # and Biller Zip Code each time.

I have been able to add numerous other credit cards of mine (Amex, Chase, Discover, Citi etc), without any issues, but I somehow cannot add this WF card thru the above path AT ALL.

Today, I instead tried to add it thru More/Pay Your Bills/Add a New bill/Credit Card/Wells Fargo Business Banking Support Also known as: Wells Fargo Bank Wells Business Bank Support Group and - to my utter surprise - it worked.

To test it, I have sent a $0.50 payment...

As I wait to see if this was a huge mistake, and if the payment either posts to my Credit card card account or just gets lost in the ether, has anyone here managed to kink their Wells Fargo Credit cards to Paypal Bill Pay thru More/Pay Your Bills/Add a New bill/Credit Card/Wells Fargo Credit Card Also known as: Wells Fargo Financial? If so, when / how?

Also any feedback re: adding it thru More/Pay Your Bills/Add a New bill/Credit Card/Wells Fargo Business Banking Support Also known as: Wells Fargo Bank Wells Business Bank Support Group would be most appreciated. Might this be a legit workaround, or is it a big no-no? Why / why not?

Many thanks to all the kind souls who have taken the time to read / reply to this.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sajanjiv
Contributor
Contributor
Did this work for you? I paid a small amount to the business one and it refunded me back in 1 business day and never posted to the account
Login to Me Too

diomaiuti
New Community Member

Just found your post today b/c I'm facing the same problem.  Something may have changed since you tried your workaround, though -- I can't even get the "Business Bank Support Group" payee to accept the zip code...

Did your $0.50 come back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.