Not able to add card to PayPal in India since 30 days

treeman25
New Community Member

I have been trying to link my Visa debit card to my PayPal account (in India) since the last 30 days to no avail. I have used three cards and from two different banks and still receive the following error:

"We couldn't confirm that you're the owner of this card."

The error appears after I enter the OTP that I received on my mobile phone.

The name and address on the card and PayPal is exactly the same, so that's not an issue.

I called one of my banks and they said that this is because of RBI's new restrictions on recurring payments and that they do not support linking debit/credit cards to PayPal because of this. 

I wanted to know if anyone else in India is facing similar issues and is it true that PayPal has been restricted in India to only receiving payments but not sending. 

PS: This is only the case when linking a new card. Existing card in Paypal is able to send money.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @treeman25,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear you are having issues adding your cards to your PayPal account. I know this must be frustrating. To successfully add your bank/card to your PayPal account, it must eligible to be used on PayPal's system.

Based on what you have explained, it sounds like your card issuer is no longer eligible to be used on PayPal's system. If your card issuer will not accept the authorization to add your card, we cannot override this I'm afraid. 

In this case, all I can advise you is to either try adding an alternative bank/card or continue to use the ones already linked to your account. 

If you have any further concerns please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.