Non-receipt of paypal payment due to IFSC code change after bank merger

nkinfo
Contributor
Contributor

Due to the merger of indian government controlled banks in India, oriental bank of commerce was merged with punjab national bank. The IFSC code for the branch is now changed  though the bank account number remains the same, However I am not allowed to change the IFSC code for my account, or add a new bank account and I have also not received payment in that bank account. The bank claims that the payment should revert to the sender, it has not reverted.
Is anyone else facing a similar problem after April 1, 2021?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

vishalchoudhary
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem 

Login to Me Too

nkinfo
Contributor
Contributor

Which bank are you using, is it a nationalized bank? Have you contacted paypal support, I could not contact them

Login to Me Too

HariOmSh
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I had automatic transfers enabled so it kept sending funds to OBC bank again and again and I couldn't stop it. Now, right after I added a different bank hoping to change the default automatic transfer account, the OBC fund transfer shows 'Transfer Completed' and now I don't know what to do. OBC bank doesn't exist anymore and the transfer has been completed and sent to OBC Bank. How did they even send stuff to a non-existing bank when for the last one month they kept refunding the transfer and the system kept sending the funds and refunding them again and again.

Now it's been 10 days since my transfer was completed and I have received nothing in my PNB account. What should I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.