No Cryptocurrency options!!

DaddyDoeBucks
Contributor
Contributor

I can't see any cryptocurrency options in PayPal. Every time I search for help, it says "Page not available"...It's like they're trying to keep it from me...lol

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Steelbath
Contributor
Contributor
It isn't available directly on the app. Type in "paypal crypto" in google and it will give you the crypto page....BUT when I go to buy any of the cryptos it says "not yet in your region, check back soon" So that sucks. I don't know what region jas to do with anything.
Login to Me Too

LazerSmooth
New Community Member

This isn't true-  I have a friend who has it on his ap.  He's on an Android and I'm on an Iphone.  I don't have it but he does.  WTF?

Login to Me Too

TheWanderer23
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it is a bit of a joke to do press releases about how 300+ million people now have easy access to crypto currency payments...and then make them unavailable to the vast majority of users. 

From what I have seen, the option is only available to customers in the US, and even there not for everybody. 

The ability to buy/sell crypto in your account and preferably to top up your balance by transferring crypto to Paypal would make a dead service attractive for me again - without it, I will be using Paypal exactly the way I have used it for the past 2 years: not at all. 

Login to Me Too

yumup4dayz
New Community Member
ok so as far as i can tell it is available on personal paypal accounts not on business account because i have both. BEWARE if you are trying to buy crypto through paypal you might want to think twice. I purchase bitcoin and litecoin and ive watched it go up and down when i needed some money in a jam i sold it back. later on i decided to buy some again since btc keeps going up. i bought $20 of each btc and litecoin. I decided to keep checking on it and whatever amount was profit i would sell and save it up for something. anyhow i tried to sell btc and i wasnt able to theres a message that says it is not yet available in my region. that is how i ended up here.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525EW
New Community Member

Has anyone seen a Paypal reply to this ?

I am in the USA and have used Paypal for about 15 years.  

I see no link or info on Cryptocurrency.....

I have a business account, is that the issue ?

Login to Me Too

Prajol
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t see in my account too.
Login to Me Too

uniquelybecca
New Community Member
Me too march 14 2021
Login to Me Too

Steelbath
Contributor
Contributor
I found out it is only available through personal accounts, not business accounts. My problem was I was logging into my business account.
Login to Me Too

agular026
Contributor
Contributor
@Steelbath not true I have personal account and I don’t have the option
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.