Negative balance

Drolkar
Contributor
Contributor

I don’t have a debit/credit card so I linked my paypal account to my bank account. My paypal balance is negative right now and I want to resolve it by adding money to my bank account but I don’t know how to do it. Anyone help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Drolkar 

On the Summary page, near negative balance, there should be a 3 dot in a circle button, click that and select Add Money if that option is available. If not available to add money to your PayPal balance, you can make a purchase and PayPal will add the negative balance you owe to the amount you pay at checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Drolkar 

On the Summary page, near negative balance, there should be a 3 dot in a circle button, click that and select Add Money if that option is available. If not available to add money to your PayPal balance, you can make a purchase and PayPal will add the negative balance you owe to the amount you pay at checkout.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Drolkar
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to purchase but then it asked me to provide my card details...
Login to Me Too

Hjaltiorn
New Community Member
Should I just purchase something somewhere that costs the Same amount as my PayPal balance is in?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hey @Hjaltiorn @Drolkar 

Thanks for asking your question here. I understand that you want to resolve the negative balance. Sharpiemarker already provided great information. 

If you have a bank added you would need to Top-up the account in order to resolve the negative balance. You can also indeed make a payment and we will add the negative amount to this. The payment itself is a real payment to a seller you can only do this if you want to but something and pay with PayPal. 

If you are not able to resolve the negative balance yourself you can contact us and we will help you resolve this. 

You can contact us through the 'Help & contact' link at the bottom of each page or through Twitter and Facebook.

Dian.

Login to Me Too

Drolkar
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for the help! My negative balance has been resolved 😄
Login to Me Too

aprilraen26
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, how did you resolve it? I have the same problem. Tried adding funds and asking for a friend to send but still shows negative. Please help. Thank you
Login to Me Too

aucody200
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I was wondering if you can help me out with something I just added money to my Paypal account and I'm in the negative $2.77 could you please take it out of my PayPal account and not my bank account as they charge me every time you try to take money out of my account thank you very much appreciated
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.