Negative balance + phone calls from Dutch phone number claiming to be paypal

Lotte9713
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! 

My Paypal balance was negative for some time and I noticed Paypal was able to take the right amount of money from my bank account a couple of days ago. However, my Paypal balance didn't change at all. It is still negative and the amount that has been taken from my bank account does not appear anywhere in my Paypal account. Also ever since my balance was negative I have been receiving phone calls from a telephone number from the Netherlands claiming to be Paypal: <removed>. When browsing the web I found it's a scam, I tried blocking the phone number but they are still able to call me. Anybody knows what I can do about both things? Is the number really a scam and how can my Paypal balance be restored? 

Thank you! 

Lotte

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TommyOverslept
New Community Member

I have the same problem. I had contact with a Paypal employer <removed> who told me the phone number is from Paypal and the money transfer to your account may take 8 - 10 business days. That’s probably why they’re calling.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.