My card takes fees for every withdrawal. Will PayPal be able to verify and link my card?

Tedoux
Contributor
Contributor

I a concern. I will be getting my prepaid visa debit card in a few days. And I will link it to my PayPal. My bank offers only classic debit mastercard which can't receive money from PayPal,so she told me I can take a prepaid visa debit card. But there are fees when I withdraw money or refill the card(0.5% or the minimum amount is around $1.7 for each refill). I heard that to activate and link the card on paypal, PayPal will send very small amounts to it. But since the bank will take fees for each recharge, will PayPal be able to send very small payments to my card so that my card can be linked and verified?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tedoux 

Have enough money on the card, about $1.95 USD or equivalent for PayPal to do the temporary charge that will be refunded (not reloaded—reloading is different from refunding where the payment is reversed, not loading money) after you confirm the card with 4 digit code or do 3D-secure method.

PayPal also charges a card withdrawal fee from PayPal to card:

https://www.paypal.com/mu/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees#statement-12

Your country code is MU, to look for your fee by country.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tedoux 

Have enough money on the card, about $1.95 USD or equivalent for PayPal to do the temporary charge that will be refunded (not reloaded—reloading is different from refunding where the payment is reversed, not loading money) after you confirm the card with 4 digit code or do 3D-secure method.

PayPal also charges a card withdrawal fee from PayPal to card:

https://www.paypal.com/mu/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees#statement-12

Your country code is MU, to look for your fee by country.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tedoux
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much. I thought PayPal sent money to confirm the card. So PayPal withdraw money from my card and then refund me later on. Good.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.