My bank account was breached and paypal wont let me remove it.

Zflash4000
Contributor
Contributor

My bank account was breached and paypal wont let me remove it. Says it wants more informaton. Too bad if you do. I want paypal gone! Any legal ideas. It wont let me close or remove my banking info. Havent used paypal forever.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zflash4000 

Can't you cancel the direct debit mandate for paypal in your online banking app?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zflash4000
Contributor
Contributor

There is no paypal activity.  I just dont want my infomation on paypal servers.  They refuse to remove it.   If paypal is ever breached my information is there.  My bank account. My social  etc.  I dont use paypal anymore.  havent in along time.  My account was breached already from another company. They wont even let me close my account.

Login to Me Too

Pezhead2327
New Community Member
Can you ask your bank to change your account number leaving PayPal out of it?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone! Thank you @kernowlass for getting a resolution started on this one! We appreciate all you do!

@Zflash4000, I'm sorry to hear your bank account has been breached. I can certainly understand how concerning it must be. If you don't see any PayPal activity related to that unauthorized activity, we would normally recommend resolving this with your bank since your PayPal information is still secure - which it sounds like you've already started. However, I can still understand your request to close your account and / or remove your data from PayPal. 

To help put your mind at ease, here's information on Your Data Protection Rights, how we handle your data, as well as how to exercise your rights. However, please keep in mind PayPal must retain customer data for a certain time to safeguard against fraud, money laundering, and financial crime. If you are concerned of your account's security, I would recommend periodically updating your password and security questions to maintain the highest level of security with your PayPal account.

If you wish to reach out to our Customer Support teams again, you may want to try our teams through Twitter DM or Facebook PM as well. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.