My balance has mistakenly been zeroed after a issuing a claim

fayrouzz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my issue was that I was trying to transfer money to my bank account and paypal was not allowing me to. I made a claim and the money was taken out of my balance. So it went from having money to zero. That calim is now closed and my balance is still zero.

On Nov 9th, an agent told me money would be refunded by that night. It wasn’t. I contacted again on Nov 11th, an agent said it would take 3 days to be refunded back. It wasn’t. I contacted again on Nov 14th, an agent said they don’t know when the money would be back but they would email me a timeline on that day. They didn’t. 

I feel very frustrated that I have to beg for my own money like this. This is my money they have mistakenly zeroed my balance because of the claim I made. I don’t understand the problem with a refund? Its already my money that was taken out of my account.

Did anyone encounter this before? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @fayrouzz,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. I do understand your concern. When a dispute is opened, any funds relating to the transaction would be placed on hold until the dispute is resolved. 

If the dispute has been closed in your favor, but you have not yet received your refund, it would suggest that the refund has not yet cleared from the merchant's account. If a merchant does not have the funds available in their PayPal account, it must come from their bank. If there is a delay with their bank, this would be why you have not yet received your refund.

I would suggest you contact our Customer Support again to have this escalated. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

fayrouzz
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_RachelK 

Hi Rachel, thank you for the reply

The dispute has been resolved and closed but NOT in my favor. Which is sincerely confusing since it is a withdrawal action to my own bank that I have been using for all my previous transactions.

I did in fact contact customer service and they have told me they've escalated the matter. On Nov 11th 2022, I asked for a timeline on when I would receive feedback and they refused to give me one. They said they can't be certain on when will the money return. Which just screams bad customer service to me. I haven't heard back from customer service since Nov 11th. I'm now frustratingly, angrily waiting with no timeline whatsoever for my own money to return to my balance. After, I'll just close my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.