My Paypal Balance option is not showing

Anwaar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am new on Paypal after creating an account I confirmed my email, phone and add successfully my bank and also confirm that but in my PayPal account balance option is not showing anywhere where I see my current balance?

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anwaar

If you haven't added funds to your paypal account OR recieved money from someone then nothing will show in your paypal balance !!!

As a buyer you never need funds in your paypal account balance as paypal take directly from any linked funding source ie a card or bank account.

Normally when you pay they credit the seller the funds for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, this is so their is no delay in despatching your item.

But they only take that risk if...........

1. You are paying from your bank account BUT have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

2. You are paying from a card.

Otherwise if you are using 1 without a card it may go as an echeque and you take the wait for the funds to transfer.

You can set your favourite funding source here.................

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MHRFKK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,  this issue is not limited to new members, and does not only apply to customers who don't have a balance.  I had received approximately $380 from friends into my paypal account prior to Paypal's March 29 initiation of their "Cash and Cash Plus" accounts.  This cash seems to have disappeared. I hadn't transferred those funds to my bank yet, but I did not have any Balance noted on my login screen where I clearly should have had a balance.  I thought if I took the extra step to create a PayPal "Cash Account" that the balance would show up, but it DID NOT.  If you received payments from friends/family or commercially and you don't see those funds reflected in your balance, then I would check all your transactions against your bank and purchase records to see where it went.  I had assumed that the balance might have been applied against paypal purchases of mine, but that does not seem to be the case.  I'll update my status if it looks like PayPal did somehow apply my balance to other transactions, but I am guessing I will need to get PayPal to basically give this back to me.  There's always a chance I'm overlooking something, but I don't think so at this point.  If you received funds that you hadn't transferred prior to the Paypal Cash Account, I would check to see if you have that reflected in your balance.

Paypal notification about Cash accounts.jpg

Login to Me Too

MHRFKK
Contributor
Contributor

So I finally printed out all my paypal transactions for 12 months and reconciled it against my checking account where my purchases are paid from, and it Paypal did automatically apply the amounts I received from friends/family against the next purchases I made after receiving a payment.  Since I make lots of small purchases, it wasn't easy or obvious to see, and basically they simply withdrew less money from my checking than they would have otherwise made in order to cover a purchase I made.  This was a relief, and it's too bad it didn't reflect in my Paypal running transaction history.  Would have saved a lot of time.

Login to Me Too

Chuck78
New Community Member
I have the same issue. I received a refund. Pay shows the refunded dollars in my latest transaction, but there's no link to transfer the funds to my bank.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chuck78 

If you DIDN'T use funds in your Paypal balance then once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that varies country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Harlemmermaid2
Contributor
Contributor
I have never waited more than an hour for my money to appear ita been 4 hrs now im freaking out its not as much as you but im in a bind and need it right away and no one is responding to email nor messages or phone calls thanks for your input
Login to Me Too

lermix
New Community Member

I have the samo problem but I received refund from ebay to my paypal account, I can see in history that the money was added to my paypal account but when I try to withdraw it, it says: " There's nothing to withdraw right now. try again when you have a PayPal balance". Any help on how am I supposed to get my money?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lermix

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

guibui

@kernowlass Somebody sent me a payment via my email and I'm seeing "Accept the money" but when I select it I only have to option to transfer it to my bank or "keep it in PayPal" where I have to enter a ton of personal info (I do not want to do this). I used to be able to receive money sent to me and spend it immediately, I can no longer do this and I have no idea what I'm going to do.

I just want to spend the money that was sent to me, I'm not sure why they changed this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.