Money

Cjs1989
Contributor
Contributor
My PayPal balance was negative due to my bank declining a payment. I paid money into PayPal to take it out of the negative. I’ve just checked my bank and the payment that was declined got tried again and it’s been taken. So I’ve technically paid twice. I’ve looked on my PayPal balance to see if I’m not plus money in my account but it isn’t. Any advice as I’m now £100 down. Many thanks.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cjs1989 

If you have failed bank transfer then Paypal automatically keep trying to access those funds to clear your negative balance.
They have already fronted the payment to the seller on your behalf and so want the money owed.

If you sent a bank transfer to your Paypal account and Paypal also automatically applied for the funds as well then you would have 2 payments processing to your paypal balance.
The first one to arrive will clear the negative balance and the second one will be credited as a + to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your balance once cleared.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cjs1989
Contributor
Contributor
Ok great thank you. I’m assuming this takes a few days?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cjs1989 

Echeques take 5-7 business days but can be earlier...hopefully.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mariajust
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue. Bank account didn’t have the balance and paypal proceeded with the subscription payment giving me a negative balance. Then I received a payment in my account and paypal took it to cover the neg balance but the next day they automatically took the same amount again from my bank account and left me with 0 money.
Login to Me Too

mariajust
Contributor
Contributor
So I was wondering will I take my money back? Have you taken your money back I see it is 5 days now since your question above.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @mariajust

Thank you for posting in the PayPal Community Forum. 

A transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account can take 5-7 business days. I hope this helps! 

Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

mariajust
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer. 5 days now, no luck yet. I am hoping for next week. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.