Money on hold when im not a seller

ZainOmar07
Contributor
Contributor

i just made a new account, and no im not a seller i just gave my friend real cash for him to transfer me money on paypal so i can use it in other things but my money is in hold what can i do to be able to use it without any credit card?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZainOmar07 

Unfortunately I don't think you have the friends/family option in your country so all payments received are viewed as payments for goods/services and so as you are new to receiving funds you would be subject to the new seller hold as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/ae/smarthelp/article/FAQ4730

However you never need funds in your Paypal account balance as a buyer. When you purchase an item then Paypal credit the seller for you, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item. Paypal will then take the wait for the funds to automatically transfer to reimburse them from your linked funding source once confirmed on your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZainOmar07 

Unfortunately I don't think you have the friends/family option in your country so all payments received are viewed as payments for goods/services and so as you are new to receiving funds you would be subject to the new seller hold as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/ae/smarthelp/article/FAQ4730

However you never need funds in your Paypal account balance as a buyer. When you purchase an item then Paypal credit the seller for you, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item. Paypal will then take the wait for the funds to automatically transfer to reimburse them from your linked funding source once confirmed on your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.