Linking my Capitec card to my Paypal account

Leesa-Beesa
New Community Member

Hi Paypal SA,

Please someone help me with instructions on how to link my Capitec card to my paypal account?

It keeps saying "Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions."

Please help?  Would like to transfer my money into my account.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leesa-Beesa 

Does the name and billing address on card match exactly to what's in your PayPal account? And you must withdraw to your bank account, not to a card.

https://www.paypal.com/za/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-withdraw-money-from-my-paypal-account-to-my-sou...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Leesa-Beesa
New Community Member

Hi @sharpiemarker 

Yes, the billing address is exactly the same.

Do you think its because there is no money in the account?  It's a new account I just opened and havent transferred any money in as yet.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leesa-Beesa 

That could be it too as PayPal needs to confirm the card with a temporary charge of $1.95 or equivalent so you can get the 4-digit PayPal code to enter on the Wallet page for the card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharon128
Contributor
Contributor

please link my capitec debit card south africa to my paypal account

Login to Me Too

Stibacs
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the same problem. Dont know what to do now..my card was working last week and now the new card does not want to link. please help

Login to Me Too

Namij
Contributor
Contributor
I think if you tried to increase your online limit on the capitec app then you'll be able to link it
Login to Me Too

Nadia_786
I have the exact same problem with adding my capitec account, would you be able to help me
Login to Me Too

Amandaprinsloo
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Paypal SA, Please someone help me with instructions on how to link my Capitec card to my paypal account? It keeps saying "Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions." Please help? Would like to transfer my money into my account. Thank you
Login to Me Too

Vee2823
Contributor
Contributor
I having the same issue
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.