Linking Card

tharychheng1
Contributor
Contributor

When I linked my card to my new account, it says "This card is linked to another PayPal account. Please remove the card from the other account or try a different payment method." However, I deleted the other account that I had linked my debit card to. So why does it say that?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tharychheng1 

Did you REMOVE the card before you closed your previous account?

If not then its still linked to that old account and only customer services can help you remove it.

If you did remove it first then allow at least 72 hours before trying to add to another account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tharychheng1 

Did you REMOVE the card before you closed your previous account?

If not then its still linked to that old account and only customer services can help you remove it.

If you did remove it first then allow at least 72 hours before trying to add to another account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shiraf
New Community Member

How can I contact customer service?

When I try to send message to PayPal every time there is a bot replying with unrelated articles.

I don't know how to contact.

Is there any emails addresses to contact the support service?

Login to Me Too

anabelle3

Im also trying to reach customer service with no luck unfortunately

Login to Me Too

NaXoL
Contributor
Contributor

hello 

I have Linked My Debit Card to My Old Account Instead Of  linking it to the current one , knowing that the old account was locked For Unknown reason and i can unlink cards or send , receive money i need help to unlink the card to link with the current account!

Login to Me Too

Robux1

Doesnt Help, since customer service only give u bots to chat with you.

Login to Me Too

Chamshub
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please help tooo. I'm also facing same issue.

Login to Me Too

Ilyes07
New Community Member
Paypal dont accept my debit visa card when i try to link it with my account and paypal said my debit card is already linked with another account but i dont know which account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.