Linking Bank Account - New Zealand

Carl_Al
New Community Member

Hello,

I can't link my Paypal account to my bank account saying that it needs the bank code and account number.

My bank doesn't have a bank code so I'm not sure how to link this. Also, my account number is longer than 11 characters. Unless I made a mistake somewhere along the line when signing up.

Thank you for helping!

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

laboriax
Contributor
Contributor

I did as per the accepted solution and does not work.  Still get "Sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts."

I remove my existing credit/debit card - even thought that makes no sense and still get the same message.  The only thing left I could consider to resolve this is that in the name field I enter my paypal name not the name on the actual account I'm transfering funds into? Would this make a difference?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting in our Community! That error message typically means that the account number has already been associated with 3 PayPal accounts, or has been added and removed from an account 3 times. Please use the 'Contact' link to connect with a customer support agent for more assistance. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20240228D
How did i can link my paypal account to may bank accounts
Login to Me Too

SandrineL
New Community Member

I am having the same issue, except that the solution offered did not work. Despite adding the 6-digit bank number and the 9-digit account number, I still get an error message which says "The information you entered is incorrect. Please check your information and try again."

I am at a loss. The information IS correct, I have checked a thousand times, it simply looks like the problem comes from Paypal not being able to accept my bank account number for some reason. Anyone having the same issue with Kiwibank account numbers?

Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too

icanhelpU
Contributor
Contributor

Hey - I was able to add a Westpac account with Paypal's help.

You bank account looks like this:

01-2345-0987654-032

Enter as your bank number 01-2345

Enter as your account 9876540-32 

NOTE: remove the 0 preceding the account number and move the dash a space over to the right!

You're welcome.

Login to Me Too

yebenes
New Community Member

I had the same problem with a Westpac account and this helped me to add the account, thank you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Glad to hear it @yebenes. 🙂

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Runar_Putter
New Community Member
Had the exact same issue. Worked perfectly
Login to Me Too

heydenrychrhyno
New Community Member

HI I tried this and still no luck

The routing number and Account number gives me errors, with and without dashes

Login to Me Too

KiwiM8
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is Westpac and it's a 000 account, no go with removing a 0 at the end. It didn't accept it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.