Did you mean: 

Linking Bank Account - New Zealand

Options
Go to solution
Carl_Al
New Community Member
Posted on

Hello,

I can't link my Paypal account to my bank account saying that it needs the bank code and account number.

My bank doesn't have a bank code so I'm not sure how to link this. Also, my account number is longer than 11 characters. Unless I made a mistake somewhere along the line when signing up.

Thank you for helping!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Options
Go to solution
sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor

@Carl_Al

If your bank account number is formatted like this: XX-XXXX-XXXXXXX-XXX

The first two groups is bank and branch number (don't enter dashes)

Account number will be the account number and suffix, the second two groups. Some banks give you 3 digit suffix but use only the last two digits.

Basically, if your account number is 12-1234-0123456-000, you'd enter it as bank number or code "121234", account number "0123456-00".

Try this and see if it lets you link it and check for two small deposits into your bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
Solved

Options
Go to solution
sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor

@Carl_Al

If your bank account number is formatted like this: XX-XXXX-XXXXXXX-XXX

The first two groups is bank and branch number (don't enter dashes)

Account number will be the account number and suffix, the second two groups. Some banks give you 3 digit suffix but use only the last two digits.

Basically, if your account number is 12-1234-0123456-000, you'd enter it as bank number or code "121234", account number "0123456-00".

Try this and see if it lets you link it and check for two small deposits into your bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

Options
Go to solution
Carl_Al
New Community Member

Thanks for that!

Options
Go to solution
goldcoaster27
Contributor

Thanks very much! It worked for me in that format after much frustration..

Options
Go to solution
Zagir
Contributor
Cant link 20digit account number

Options
Go to solution
leetauu
Contributor
YOUR INFORMATION EXAMPLES- BANK NAME: Truebank👈 Upper case and lower case letters do not matter. This has to be your true bank name. BANK NUMBER: 123456👈 This is first six digits(numbers)of your bank account number. These are your BANK and BRANCH numbers in the formatt of (12-1234) without the dash. BANK ACCOUNT: 123456789👈 This is your actual account number in this formatt being (1234567-12) now these are the numbers after your BANK and BRANCH numbers, So your first 6 numbers are entered into(BANK NUMBER)then your last 9 to 11 digits are entered into (BANK ACCOUNT) FORMATTS- BANK NUMBER: (12-3456) WITHOUT DASH BANK ACCOUNT:(1234567-12) OR (1234567-1234) WITHOUT DASHES. ____________AGAIN HERE_____________ 9 TO 11 DIGITS SPLIT IN SEPERATE UNITS 9 digits 👉XX-XXXX-XXXXXXX-XX👈 OR 11 digits 👉XX-XXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXX👈 BANK NUMBER BANK ACCOUNT 6Digits SPLIT 9 Digits 👉XX-XXXX-👈 SPLIT 👉XXXXXXX-XX👈 6Digits SPLIT 11 Digits 👉XX-XXXX-👈 SPLIT 👉XXXXXXX-XXXX👈 Remember no dashes just numbers😊 IM DONE YOU ARE WELCOME👍

Options
Go to solution
leetauu
Contributor
Please copy and paste this formatt in your notes to get a better view since paypal put my answer into their own formatt please sorry

Options
Go to solution
Wazey
New Community Member

THANKS!!!!!

Options
Go to solution
Geraldine_Heria
New Community Member

Hi, Thank you. It worked for linking my ANZ a/c. Don't forget to put in the dash in PayPayl (-) before the suffix (last 2 numbers)

Options
Go to solution
bearyhtcutely
Contributor

Thanks so much! After much frustration, finally get to add my ANZ bank account. Remember to have the first two "xx - xxxx" as bank number (without the dash) and the rest of them "xxxxxxx - xx" as account number (WITH the dash and only last 2 digits). 

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.