Linked bank account but not working

Aquaqueen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I succesfully linked my paypal and my bank account and I have made a payment succesfully however when I tried to use it on etsy it says to add a card and I cannot use my linked bank account?
My debit card isn't recognised and I don't have a credit card so I can't really do that unfortunately. I have tried to contact help directly but I haven't found a way to do that it only says to post here.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aquaqueen 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant as Paypal use electronic transfers ie echeques (cheaper but slower).

Its called instant because normally Paypal credit the seller upfront and then Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, this is so you get your item without delay.

However there are times however when its you and the seller / recipient that take the wait for the echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Back up card not added or has expired / needs updating.
2. You have had a recent negative balance or failed bank transfer (so paypal are not going to credit the seller in advance in case it happens again).
3. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
4. Friends / family payments *funded from a bank account* as this option is free then its you that takes the wait this time.
5. Clearing a negative balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I have a linked bank account I'm not doing it by bank transfer so that advise isn't really helpful.

The paypal isn't using my bank account so the funds can't even BE transfered since it keeps telling me I have to add something else while my bank account is already linked and confirmed. I can't add any other since I don't have any other method.

Login to Me Too

Aquaqueen
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Oops I was accidentally logged in to my friends account still who helped me buy something the anon is my issue. The linked bank account isn't showing up as a payment option even though it's confirmed. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi @Anonymous_User and @Aquaqueen

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

The bank account will appear on the checkout page if it can be used as a funding source on that particular transaction. A recipient can choose which payment methods they will accept for payments, and some may decline to accept bank funded transactions. If you have been asked to add a debit/credit card to your account in order to complete the payment, this may be the only acceptable funding source. Information on how to add a card to your PayPal account can be found here - https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-link-a-debit-or-credit-card-to-my-paypal-account-f...

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Aquaqueen
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal_Siobhan2The issue is that it's not showing up as payment option. It shows as linked and confirmed in my account but I can't choose it as payment method across multiple different platforms, I have tried contacted CS but I don't have a case number so I can't contact anyone.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aquaqueen 

Think you need to read @PayPal_Siobhan2 reply again as you misunderstood.

A recipient can choose which payment methods they will accept for payments, and some may decline to accept bank funded transactions....which is why it won't show up as a payment funding source on your side.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aquaqueen
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlassI understood it, but than my friends paypal would also have not worked, and it did, so that's not the issue.

@PayPal_Siobhan2I don't have fb or twitter and I have tried chat so many times and keep getting "there is no one available go to forum" and phone was 2+ hour waiting time and I get auto disconnect after that time so that was no help either.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

@Aquaqueen, thank you for your response. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise. You do not need a case number in order to contact us. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Aquaqueen
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Siobhan2I don't have fb or twitter and I have tried chat so many times and keep getting "there is no one available go to forum" and phone was 2+ hour waiting time and I get auto disconnect after that time so that was no help either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.