It gives me error when setting up my bank account

gingler
Contributor
Contributor

Hello I used to have my bank account linked to Paypal.
But this month it unlinked and when i tried to link it again, it gave me error it cannot be proceded right now, try later. This has been for 2 days now.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gingler 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gingler 

Have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance at all recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gingler
Contributor
Contributor

Yes actually! my bank has a set amount i can only receive 😞 and it surpassed it by paypal, so im trying to set it up again, wont i be able to use the same bank? or would i need to wait days for it to work again? or what can I do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gingler 

When you have a failed bank transfer the link is broken between your bank and paypal, maybe because they want to force you to use a card instead which is a safer option for them and reduce the risk of it happening again.

I have known folks never to have been able to add the bank account again and forced to use another or a card. You can leave it 72 hours and try again OR contact customer services and see if they will and can add it for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gingler
Contributor
Contributor

sadly actually i had linked a debit card, but they dont let me use it to transfer to my account, probably because im from Mexico,i can use my credit card to pay things but thats it, I even tried adding my debit card just in case and no, they dont let me use it to transfer.
and i tried messaging but the service to mexico doesnt have anyone to talk with, the phones they have set up doesnt work dont reach anywhere and they tell you to send them a email to talk with someone, but it redirects you to the paypal page.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gingler 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gingler
Contributor
Contributor

1. The paypal phones dont work, I tried calling and the number always tell me its wrong/doest work
2. Live chat is not avaible wher i live, i used to always resolve stuff this way but idk now they tell me they dont have people who can live chat with me because of where i live.
3. the mesage is all robots no help at all
4.Actually this is the one i needed! finally i was able to contact with another human being haha, thank you so much! and i really hope paypal fixes numbers 1-3 ;; its very disheartening, wish me luck! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.