Inappropriately charged due to negative balance

javieralaves
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to contact PayPal Germany because I'm unable to access my account (the phone number isn't correct because it's missing the Spanish international prefix, so I don't get through the two-factor authentication), and recently I received an email from Paigo telling me that my PayPal has a negative balance and PayPal wants to collect a debt, while I've never made use of my PayPal account.

There was an incident around a month ago, someone seemed to have sent me a payment by mistake, and PayPal had to intervene to send the money back to the person because I had no way to access my account. I tried calling PayPal Germany over the phone, but no one picked up on multiple occasions. And now, this incident seems to have triggered the debt collection somehow that I have no reason to pay.

Luckily I was able to log into the support forum. Looking forward to someone's support 🙏 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@javieralaves 

You would need to add a German phone number to a German paypal account, you can't add another countries phone to a country specific paypal account.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.