I have a problem with my card and Paypal refuses to accept my credit card

SS52_Chris
New Community Member

This message is translated from French to English, some mistakes may be possible, sorry in advance.

Good evening, I have a problem with Paypal, when I put my credit card with Paypal, there is no problem, but I removed my card in order to use another Mastercard Paysafecard card that I have purchased, but when I add my details, the Paypal system responds with this message "We could not confirm that you are the holder of this card. Contact the card issuer or register another ." I believe the problem is that my first card used is from a bank and Paysafecard's does not have one, but normally cards without a bank should work on paypal, on this I await your response and again thank you very much For your help:)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SS52_Chris,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum, and thank you for your post!

I can understand the frustration involved with being unable to link a card. Is the card registered to your name and address yet? If it is not, registering it on the issuer's website may enable the addition of the card. Additionally, a prepaid card will need to have available funds to allow the small temporary authentication hold and then the reversible confirmation charge when the card is confirmed. If the card does not have a balance of funds on it, that may also be a reason it would not link.

I hope that information is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.