I cant link my bank account: "Security" denial

serenitydvt
Contributor
Contributor

My bank account will not get linked no matter what I do.  When attempting to link the account it either says I need to call Paypal or there is a security issue that needs resolving - then it just apologizes for the inconvenience. THAT IS IT!

Now, I've called Paypal a few months ago when this happened, they told me there is nothing they can do other than to "wait" 3-4 days for this to be resolved and security issue cleared on their own. I waited, and nothing again - it doesn't work.  Re entered, and I called and they gave me the same **bleep** - "you have to wait for it to clear because we can't do anything".

Again, several months later (today) - I am still unable to link this bank account when I really need to.  Again, the system says there's a problem, I called and they said there is a "security" issue from trying too many times (even though It was correct from the very first time I did it).  Again, he says wait, (except this time, 48 hours) - there is NOTHING he can do.  He claims to have tried clearing the "security" issue on his end and it didn't work.

so... WHAT DO I DO?!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! CLOSE THE ACCOUNT and REOPEN IT?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHA!!! ( seriously I"m losing my mind.)

Thank You for anyone that listens and helps me with this insane crap.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MelindaSG
New Community Member

Did you ever get this resolved?  I am currently running in to the same issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.