This card is linked to another PayPal account.

HY_Feng
Contributor
Contributor

I linked my credit card with my old Paypal account, but I closed the old account without deleting the card from the account.

Now I registered a new account, and I can't link this card with it. The app shows:

This card is linked to another PayPal account. Please remove the card from the other account or try a different payment method.

The old paypal account is deleted, I can no more login. How can I proceed to link my card with the new account?

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

Clearlygucci
I had the same issue.. if your old PayPal account was close(fully) then it should let you link your card. Try logging into your old account and see if it lets you do that and then try to delete it and then close your account on the old one, If you fully closed the old account you should be able to add the card, try that and see if that works, because messaging or calling customer service is the worst thing ever lol good luck 🙂 hope this helps
Login to Me Too

HY_Feng
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your advice. I will have a try. 😀

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HY_Feng 

Only customer services 'may' be able to remove a card from a closed account.

You can't log in to a closed account OR use a card still linked to one.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Artapon
Contributor
Contributor

Please help.

I can't linked the same card to my new account. I make sure I already removed it from my old account, balance not minus and wait more than 72 hours.  When i try to add it's throw error message  "This card is linked to another PayPal account. Please remove the card from the other account or try a different payment method." But The old Bank account can added normalry.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230124c
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem too.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Artapon and @Temp20230124c,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're having trouble adding a bank to your PayPal account. In general, once you have removed the card from the previously used PayPal account, you should be able to link the same card again after 72 hours. Since you're still getting the same error, please reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website so that our representative can manually remove it if the action was not taken place successfully and then you may try again to add the card. Please note that can only add a card 3 times to PayPal.

Best wishes,
Ayesha 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ZeyadMashal
Contributor
Contributor

When I add a credit card to my PayPal account, it says "This card is linked to another PayPal account." I have linked it to a business account before, but I deleted this account a while ago. Then I made a personal account and tried to link this credit card, but I couldn't. Can someone help me?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZeyadMashal 

If you didn't remove the card before you closed the other account then only customer services may be able to remove it for you.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Toderich1
New Community Member

Hi I have a credit card that i want to link it with paypal, but my problem that i have an old account that i don't even remember the email connected with it!! so, when i try to link my card this message appears: " This card is linked to another PayPal account. Please remove the card from the other account or try a different payment method. the problem that in don't remember the other account and even the email connected with it. So, i wanted to contact paypal administration to resolve the problem. But the phone always don't respond due to covid issues and i can't send a private message to the administration. what i can do in this situation? And thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.