I can't link my Bank Account

Yumihara
New Community Member

"Sorry we are not able to process your request. Please Try again later" That is the message I keep getting when attempting to link my account here on paypal.

I have tried multiple times on different days for the past week, in case it was a site issue, to no avail. I have checked my information and all of it is correct. What else could be wrong?

Login to Me Too
157 REPLIES 157

Almost 6 years now. First post in this thread was Sep-08-2014 12:05 PM.

Login to Me Too

km110

I am having this same problem. Trying to 'verify' my account to accept a payment from something I sold on Depop - from the verify account e-mail, I was given the option of linking my bank account to so but EVERY SINGLE TIME I click the link to add a bank account and click my bank, I get a blank page. Nothing. I tried multiple times on different days and with different browsers (Chrome and Safari). This is horrible and really playing with people's money. It's just sitting there and I cannot access it because Paypal's links are broken - apparently for years according to this thread. This is horrible and makes me not want to use at all 😞 what's worse - no phone number to call or any real life help!! (esp with covid-19) just terrible 😞

Login to Me Too

Sudsy23

Here is the real answer: You must message the PayPal chat and then they get back to you.  They can override the system if the bank log in failed and the deposit way does not work. You must be live in the chat with them when they go to override the system. They confirm a code with you for security via text and ask for the last 4 digits of the account you want to connect with.  After that they manually do it for you.  Pretty crazy that so many people have issues with the bank account linking and there are basically no answers in this forum. 

Login to Me Too

Going on 6 years and Paypal's website still can't do basic bank linking. 

Unable to link a bank account. Keep getting error message "Sorry, we can’t link your bank account right now." Tried the troubleshooting steps, and still not able to set up my bank account.

I have a chat scheduled, hope it won't take more than 4 hours to hear back from them.  Aarggh.

Login to Me Too

I tried using the Android app, and that also does not work.

Get a message in a red block; "Right now, we're not able to complete this transaction."

I miss the days of X.com.

Login to Me Too

guiditomdp
Contributor
Contributor

After several weeks trying to link my bank account, one day I could. What did I do different? Nothing. I still do not know why it worked, but it did. So this message is motivational for you not to give up! 

Amazing how we reach to this when no Paypal assitance is there to help...

Advice: If you have the chance to open a different account (within same bank account) may worth it. Changing IBAN might solve the problem...

Good luck everyone having this annoying issue. As 2020 were not already enough..

Best regards!

Login to Me Too

Benary-sareo
Contributor
Contributor
Hey Guiditomdp.... Is it worth to create a new paypal account with different email address but the same bank account which I couldn't link in my previous paypal account as well as the same documents to verify my account. Will that way help to link my account in my new paypal account?
Login to Me Too

define_ego
Use DuckDuckGo web browser. It worked the first try for me when I used it instead of chrome or the app
Login to Me Too

jezamae
Contributor
Contributor

omfg, duckduckgo browser worked for me - instantaneoulsy. jesus, thank you!!! i haven't been able to ship anything in days! customer service just kept saying it was my bank.

paypal, you are cruel. 

i just hope other people searching this answer will also look on the 13th page of "me too"s

ugh

Login to Me Too

bmesnard
Contributor
Contributor

Another member of this 'pool.'

Two different banks/accounts, 3 different computers and 3 different browsers happening over a number of days.

Customer service has, so far, been unhelpful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.