I can't link my Bank Account

Yumihara
New Community Member

"Sorry we are not able to process your request. Please Try again later" That is the message I keep getting when attempting to link my account here on paypal.

I have tried multiple times on different days for the past week, in case it was a site issue, to no avail. I have checked my information and all of it is correct. What else could be wrong?

Login to Me Too
157 REPLIES 157

define_ego
For anyone having trouble, use DuckDuckGo mobile browser. I received error messages in both Chrome and the PayPal app, but it worked perfectly the first time in DuckDuckGo. Maybe trackers are freezing the authentication process. Best of luck.
Login to Me Too

spampam
Contributor
Contributor

This is how I was forced to do it.

1. Use Chrome with tracking enabled

2. Verify "another way" with 1-2 small deposits.

4. Entered my account/routing number

4. It asked me my withdrawal amount. I withdrew.

5. Then it allowed me to confirm my account instantly using the login/password, which would not work before.

Of course, they now have your social security number, IP, computer ID, bank login, password and account/routing number.

Interesting how that all works. 

I imagine the option to link a debit card with a 1% fee would have worked instantly, too.

Login to Me Too

brigithg
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, All

I have been trying for DAYS to link a bank to my account and gives me error systrematically. I tried DuckDuckGo, as some of you suggested here (I didn't know this), but failed again.

I am desperate and we get no reply whichever from PayPal. It always turns to the initial page or any other page and we go in circles!!! Very bad service indeed.

Why do we need to link to a bank if we are already necessarily linked to a bank account through our credit card!?

Login to Me Too

tbrock
Contributor
Contributor

This is NOT a perfect solution, but if you simply must get funds from where you are (I live in the Dominican Republic) into your paypal account in the United States, this worked for me.

As others have mentioned, you cannot (CANNOT!) link a foreign bank account/credit card to your U.S. paypal account.  So I created a distinct paypal account in the country where I am (you must use an email different than the email of your U.S. account).  Once that was validated (and connected to a bank or credit card in the same country), I was able to transfer funds from my new paypal account to my original (U.S. based) paypal account.

• The fund transfer was "instantaneous"
  • The conversion rate, I believe, was slightly lower than the published transfer rate - if I am correct, paypal made a little money off of the transfer.
  • Paypal charged (rates vary by originating country), of the transfer amount  (so for $100US transferred, $95.50 is what arrived for my use)

There is information on fees here:
https://www.paypal.com/do/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?utm_source=email&utm_medium=trigger&utm_...

Login to Me Too

anthonyfood4all
Contributor
Contributor

I am from South Africa - I have been struggling since March last year to link my FNB profile with my Paypal account - FNB says the problem is with Paypal and Paypal says the problem is with FNB.

The error is : "we couldnt complete your payment for you - check your account / return to merchant

Login to Me Too

pbiyeh

Someone please help me. This is getting frustrating because I can't make my payments and it's ruining my credit. 

Login to Me Too

CrystalSt
Contributor
Contributor
Call in until you can get it rectified. I know it’s not the easiest most reliable way but at least you save your credit. Im in the same boat and extremely upset. Will be going off on Sychrony for allowing PayPal to ice us out!
Login to Me Too

kendrafoundit
Contributor
Contributor

I also had this issue and spent FIVE hours trying to figure this out between BMO and Paypal. The solution in the end was that I had to add money to my BMO account. My balance of my BMO account was at zero because I had just opened it up, so I was told to add $20 to it, and it would "activate" the account. I thought opening the account was activating it, but who knew!? Not BMO, me, or Paypal, that's for sure...ha! I hope this helps someone else save 5 hours and massive frustration. 

Login to Me Too

festivespice
Contributor
Contributor

I tried researching a potential solution to the same problem being described by most of us and found that it was solved simply by using another browser. It must've been a problem with cookies or some other mechanism. Where I would normally use DuckDuckGo or Vivaldi as my browser, I tried using Google Chrome and it did just the trick. Somehow, this allowed me to link my bank account. Try it on Google Chrome after cleaning up your browser's cookies and other similar information. 

Login to Me Too

RobtheRobot
New Community Member
I believe I've found a solution, at least in my opinion it is the answer. PayPal takes a % when using a card but nothing when using a Bank account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.