I am not able to Link my Kiwi Bank to my Paypal Account

NidaH1
New Community Member

Hi there,

I would like to get some helps in here. I am trying to link my Kiwi bank to Paypal account but it does not let me ( saying incorrect bank account) 

I am using the first 6 digits are the Bank Number and the rest 9 digits are bank account. 

I am not sure what I have done wrong, but it's still an issue. 

Please helps .

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @siannelson94 

You're always welcome! Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day.

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

erista12
New Community Member

I would have never guessed you had to leave out every hyphen except that last one. Thank you so much 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Amelia567
New Community Member
I followed this information and it helped me big time. I was putting down the bank as in Kiwibank instead of my name and I did not place the - between the sufix. But now that I have its all linked and complete. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Ytterfragl
New Community Member

Appears there isn't a solution to this problem - maybe paypal just doesn't work with kiwibank? 

No idea. It just gives the "Your card was declined. Try a different payment method" error. 

If anyone has a solution, please let me know!!

Login to Me Too

gideps

Hello,

I have also tried without success.

Going from the Wallet-transfer money-(money out) transfer to your bank-link a bank-(all are German banks)search other banks-enter you bank details-IBAN- typed in the 6 first numbers | not accepted. Accepted countries does not contain NZ. Tried swift code- not accepted.

So, where can I enter the relevant numbers?

Thanks for any help IA.

Login to Me Too

Kiwibanker
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Just to clarify, are you trying to enter a nz bank account number?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @gideps and @Kiwibanker,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum and thanks for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're facing issues with adding your bank account. As PayPal is country specific, you cannot add a bank account which is registered in other country. You can only add a local bank account in your PayPal account. Please remember that to link a bank account the information registered in PayPal should match information registered in your bank. Any small discrepancy in a name, address, or anything else can cause the error.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.