I am not a US Citizen

alimbolar
Contributor
Contributor

I am an Indian Bank account holder and I just want to have a paypal account to connect to my bank in India.

I registered with my email id .. and there was no field to mention my country at any point during sign up.. and now when I am asked to VERIFY MYSELF the only options I have are for an address in the USA.. Please advise how I can verify myself if I don't have the option to choose my country..

Regards,

Alim

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alimbolar 

Click on settings next to log out in your paypal account and see what country is showing under nationality on the left of that page.

If its showing U.S then you have opened a U.S account so you would need to close it and open one in your own country.

Click on register and using the drop down box scroll down to your country to open a correct paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alimbolar 

Click on settings next to log out in your paypal account and see what country is showing under nationality on the left of that page.

If its showing U.S then you have opened a U.S account so you would need to close it and open one in your own country.

Click on register and using the drop down box scroll down to your country to open a correct paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alimbolar
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thanks for your response.. really appreciate it..

I could not find the nationality setting although I looked real hard for it.. but I realised you were right.. in the URL there was 'us' which I think should have been 'in' .. so I deleted the account and on deletion on the page which it displayed there was the US flag at the bottom right. On clicking this I could then navigate to the India flag and then create my new account..

Thanks again for the help..:-)..

Regards,

Alim

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.