How to label credit cards in my wallet to distinguish them?

Sir_Wizard
Contributor
Contributor

I have multiple credit cards from the same banking organization linked to my PayPal account. Is there a way to label the names with anything to help me easily distinguish one from the other? Consider two cards: BankXYZ Visa Card ending in <Removed> and BankXYZ Visa Card ending in <Removed>. To obviate the need to memorize yet another set of arcane account numbers, is there a way to further label them so I can tell which is which; say BankXYZ Personal Visa Card ending in <Removed>and BankXYZ Business Visa Card ending in <Removed>? Or even simply BankXYZ Visa Card A ending in <removed>and BankXYZ Visa Card B ending in <Removed>? (The latter would engage the mnemonic B is for Business, A must be for the other one.) I don't always have my physical wallet (credit cards within) with me when I'm at home sitting in front of my computer in pajamas. (My computer in pajamas has no pockets, but I don't wear either computers or pajamas.) Thus, I have limited places to store the original credit cards on/in my person to refer to their printed numbers. Sometimes I am working under less than ideal lighting conditions for reading small embossed numbers. (Refer to something called "night" in a dimly lit room.)
Most of my electronically payable accounts enable me to label the payment sources with a mnemonic; say, "Business Account" and "Personal Account." Why not PayPal?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Sir_Wizard
Contributor
Contributor

The PayPal automated stupidity engine that trolls the Forum "decided" to edit my original post, removing the spurious account samples that I used to explain my issue. Then it sent a private email to me saying I had violated Forum policy by allegedly displaying my private information, adding insult to their obfuscation. I did not list any account numbers, certainly none from spurious BankXYZ.

So, don't believe any prattle about Artificial Intelligence being nearby.

Login to Me Too

Gindasa
New Community Member
I wish they could be so Diligent in solving the original issue to begin with! I can't believe PayPal does not have the feature to allow users to label their multiple credit cards or give them a nickname. It is very inconvenient to have to pull out your wallet and look through your cards to remember which one is the one I want to use for any given purchase. Saving the credit cards in my Paypal virtual wallet it is supposed to be convenient, and it's not if I have to go get my actual wallet every time anyway. Come on PayPal you got a fix this problem! It's easy and you have the power! Use it to help us out with this!
Login to Me Too

Jahz19
New Community Member

I'm always amazed to not have this very simple feature available.

I cannot count the number of times I paid with the wrong card 😞

Login to Me Too

sevenroots
New Community Member

Seriously, PayPal?

Get this feature implemented. It's no skin off your back, but you will help thousands of people.
Get this done!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.