How to add my debit card instead of my credit card to my PayPal account

Wealthy48
Contributor
Contributor

Am having issues adding my debit card to my PayPal account ,there are options intructing me to add my debit card but when i click on it am referred to add my credit card instead and i dont have one for now

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wealthy48 

How about adding the debit card through the credit card option to see if that works. The debit card should have the same amount of numbers in the account number, have an expiration date, and a security code on back like a credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Wealthy48
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried that but it would tell me to contact the card servicer or the the card can't be used , i dont know if there is another way of adding my debt card
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wealthy48 

Is it a prepaid debit card? Did you register the card? Contact the card issuer to see why it cannot be soused. Some cards may not be for online use or online use has to be enabled. Maybe you need a card that lets you make int’l transactions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Wealthy48
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wealthy48 

You can't add a local bank account / debit card in your country.
You can only link a visa credit card.

Also the option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.