How long does money stay in your PayPal account after you've sold something on ebay?

R22
Contributor
Contributor

My money has disappeared from my PayPal account but I haven't withdrawn any of it, does it expire after a certain time and if so why don't PayPal warn you about this?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Once you have the money in your PayPal Account Balance, it stays there until you decide what you want to do with it (funds don't expire) - that's all I can tell you.  If you say the funds disappeared then something else has happened - for example - a dispute or claim refund, etc.   Check you account transaction history, if the funds were removed from your account balance, there should be a record of the action.

Login to Me Too

R22
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I tried to look at my transaction history but it will only let you go back to 2015 and it was before this that I had money in there. I haven't had any refunds or disputed sales.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I believe you can check back farther if you want by exporting your transaction history.

Here's how:

* Login to your account.
* Click "Activity"
* Under "Simple" "Detailed"
* Click on "Statements"
* Click on "Activity export"
* Select "Custom Date Range"
* Select your "From" and "To" Dates
* Under the Format drop down - Select "CSV"
* Click "Create Report"
* When the report is completed - click "Download"

What this process does is export your history to a CSV file, you can then use an app like Excel to sort, view, create and print your own reports.

Login to Me Too

RachChap
Contributor
Contributor
I read somewhere that after 3 years, they'll surrender it to the state as unclaimed funds.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.