How can I save a customer's credit card on file?

XpressPac
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a customer that we do consistently do business with and we would like to save his credit card on file. Is there a way that we can save their credit card details with their name so that we can use to charge them and the customer does not have to give the credit card details every time?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@XpressPac 

They sign up for a PayPal account, enter their card info once and pay your invoices by logging on.

Otherwise, you'll need: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/virtual-terminal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

XpressPac
Contributor
Contributor

I do have virtual terminal. However, if we have a client who we need to charge every week, how can we store the credit card information in our account for that user?

Login to Me Too

MrRogue
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue. I run a business that has a cancelation policy and have no real way of holding clients to it at this point as I don't have a way to store their information securely. 

Login to Me Too

Jthri
New Community Member
The competitors do this but I haven’t seen PayPal adopt this. Wish they did.
Login to Me Too

mgmartino
New Community Member
Any progress on this?
Login to Me Too

MrRogue
Contributor
Contributor

russwf77
Contributor
Contributor
I also need a way to have card-on-file due to pandemic. My customers feel safer keeping the transactions more distant. May have to switch to Square, though I've used PayPal exclusively since 2012
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.