Help need to delete old card

Carebare94
New Community Member

I need to delete a card I have that no longer works & I've been pressing the "Remove Card" thing and it's still not working ugh help lol

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carebare94 

Do you have a subscription linked to it?

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Usha
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Carebare94 ,

I understand your concern. There is a possibility of a pending transaction or subscription for which card is used as funding source. Please follow the link : https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-remove-a-debit-or-credit-card-from-my-paypal-ac...

~Usha. 

Login to Me Too

urch
New Community Member

I have same issue,

please I really need help with my account

I have been trying to remove a card that was stolen from the account and keep getting the message below
(DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, YOUR REQUEST COULDNT BE COMPLETED, PLEASE WAIT A LITTLE WHILE AND TRY AGAIN)
I have checked and there are no pending transactions or dispute of any sort. please help me solve this

Also I am not able to withdraw with the new card on the account, it keeps saying
(SORRY SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER)

I have waited for 48hours and more but that did not solve the problem, I have also sent emails and no replies yet
I look forward to a resolution so I can continue using the account seamlessly as I really need to make a withdrawal
thank you so much
please do reply
Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @urch thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. I’m sorry you are having this problem. Let’s see if there is anything we can do to help the situation. First,you are not able to remove your card that was stolen,right?If you have reported it to our security team that it was a stolen card,most likely there's a hold on that card so nobody can use it. I just want to verify did you receive any email from PayPal stating that we put restriction on your account to make sure that no unauthorize activity or transaction will be made. If none, please try to sign in on the website itself not on the mobile PayPal app. I added the links that will help you resolve the issues. https://www.paypal.com/ae/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-remove-a-credit-card-or-debit-card-from-my-payp... Why did the withdrawal to my card fail? https://www.paypal.com/ae/smarthelp/article/why-did-the-withdrawal-to-my-credit-card-fail-faq834 If this won't work,I suggest please contact us through our chat support channel by accessing the  Message Center page of your PayPal account. Look for the Chat support option and you will get to interact with our customer service. Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter? You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages. It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

MsDarko
New Community Member

I am having the same problem trying to delete two old and closed checking accounts from my wallet.

i haven’t used these checking accounts in years and there are absolutely no pending transactions.
Hundreds are having this problem, it’s almost as if Paypal planted a bug in their own system which prevents users from deleting payment methods from our wallets.

does anybody have a good number to call PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Gagana2
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem today and it remains unsolved. I couldn't remove the existing card which I don't use anymore. I tried to withdraw my funds several times without a success! I have no pending transactions! I am very frustrated!

Login to Me Too

Pleasant_Jay
Contributor
Contributor
Im literally having the very same issue for two weeks now, I can't remove former card and still can't make withdrawal to new card!
Login to Me Too

MatthewCMelius-
Contributor
Contributor

707maga
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried to first add the new one then you may delete the old one, Paypal won't let you delete your old card as you need to have a card linked to Paypal.

I change like this.

Hope it helps

Maria

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.