Help!!!!! Can't add PayPal to Google Play

Miguelsernau00
Contributor
Contributor

Something went wrong. There was an issue adding your PayPal account because the payment method selected on PayPal was invalid. Please update the payment method with PayPal or select a different form of payment. [OR-PPEH-03]

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

Miguelsernau00
Contributor
Contributor
I agree with you LiteNiklas. It's annoying but it has worked for me. I've trying to contact PayPal about that but they haven't answered my question yet
Login to Me Too

Anthony_s1
New Community Member
Would it work to add a debit instead of a credit
Login to Me Too

I did it as told above just with my usual paypal.it isnt working for some reason they phine but if add thru laptop it worked.good luck x
Login to Me Too

kloassie
Contributor
Contributor
What non-solution is this? The whole point of using PayPal for me is that I don't have and don't want to have a credit card! America isn't the only nation on this planet, mind you! #withyourstupidcreditcards |-(
Login to Me Too

ReaperIntroz
Agree, something like Ideal for playstore would be amazing.... I dont live in America!!
Login to Me Too

Joberst89
This is so false... I have two mastercards as well as my bank account linked to my PayPal.... Yet I still have this error. So no, your fix is garbage. This is so far from the truth..
Login to Me Too

Bigfoot1980
Contributor
Contributor

Excused me kloassie, it sounded a little like you are saying that all us Americans have a credit card, well just in case, I'm an American and I HATE banks and that goes along with credit cards too. I LOVE my prepaid debit card with its very own routing and account number that works just like a bank without the corruption of fat sociopathic greeedy bankers picking my account dry and allowing the government into my business for favors... ugh i could go on all day about how corrupt it is and how brainwashed most of our society has become simply because the press says so.

Login to Me Too

Denali89107
Contributor
Contributor

Things must have changed since your solution was offered.

I've been unable to use PP with Google for months so I thought I'd check here for help. However, when I follow your solution, after Step 2, the option  "Select PayPal" no longer appears. 

I'm wondering if Google has severed relations with PP. 

The solution doesn't work for me, with or without a credit/debit card. I'm in USA. 

Requirements:

• You need a Credit/Debit card
  • Laptop or Desktop PC (Optional)

Steps:

1. Go to "https://play.google.com/store/account" in your browser
  2. Sign in and click ''Add Payment''
  3. Select PayPal. It will redirect you to PayPal. Press ''Continue''
  4. Once in PayPal, sign in to your PayPal account
  5. This is what our friend "Smokeyy" told us... Enter your Credit/Debit card information
  6. Once you do that, press the "Agree and Continue" button

Your PayPal account should now be linked to your Google Play Store account

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525DM
Contributor
Contributor

The proposed "solution" does not work. I've spent an hour trying to get this resolved. I keep getting "Please sign in to Paypay to link again or try a different payment method." Nothing works.

Login to Me Too

Is there a way to do this without credit card or debt card
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.