Have an error called "This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method."

jonathan959
Contributor
Contributor

The problem started because they were asking me for a code to verify the card, I did not understand why the code or where to get it, I could get the code and I know where to get it but now it will not let me put the card and it is still charging me $-1.95 x3. I do not know what to do to solve it, I NEED HELP

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
17 REPLIES 17

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonathan959

If you have tried to imput the wrong code x3 then paypal would not let you do it again.

Your best bet is to phone customer services and get it re-set.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jonathan959
Contributor
Contributor

already treated, I sent e-mails to support and they  do not answer, it's been 24 hours and nothing. Send them another mail hope they answer

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonathan959

Sending emails was not what I advised you to do though.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jonathan959
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know english, i use translator

Login to Me Too

musasultan1
Contributor
Contributor
This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method.&am
Login to Me Too

HamuchuStar
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal Account prompted me to confirm my Debit Card. I've tried to enter the code sent to my online bank and when I entered it Paypal didn't want to accept the code. I tried several time and then after than an Error Message occurred. I tried to refresh it but then I noticed that my Debit Card is no longer linked to my Paypal and when I tried to re- enter my Debit Card info Paypal won't accept my Debit Card, saying: "This card cannot be linked. Please try a different payment method." Is there a solution to this? I tried to contact them, through email, but no response after 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

Nikola19
Contributor
Contributor
Yes i have that problem too you can tell me how to reconnect to the pay pal card
Login to Me Too

kevinbamboo99
New Community Member

I have the same problem

Login to Me Too

editorjoy
New Community Member

I also got this message (see photo). So I called the PayPal customer support phone number and they were super helpful and added it with no problem!  Turns out I had used that credit card with a different PayPal account associated with a different e-mail.  I had closed that PayPal account years ago, but because the card number had been in their system at one time, it could not be linked to my current PayPal account.  The PayPal representative had to reset the card on their end.  The rep also told me you can only have 4 debit and/or credit cards on your PayPal account.  However, if you have a verified bank account in your PayPal Wallet, then you can have up to 8 debit or credit cards on your PayPal account.  This is as of March 2018.Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.20.27 AM.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.