Has PayPal Removed The Ability To Transfer Between Currencies?

SteveCinq
Contributor
Contributor

I have converted between currencies in my Wallet before but now (April 2021) there appears to be no way to do it. the PayPal FAQ says:

You can convert some or all of your PayPal balance from one currency to another currency.

To convert your PayPal balance to a different currency:

1. Go to Summary.
  2. Click PayPal balance.
  3. Click Manage currencies.
  4. Enter the amount you want to convert under the Currency Exchange column.
  5. Choose the new currency.
  6. Click Calculate to preview the conversion.
  7. Click Review Exchange to see the conversion details.
  8. Click Exchange Currency to confirm the transfer.

But there is no "Currency Exchange" column! PayPal PLEASE stop making this harder for us!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SteveCinq 

Not sure if paypal have just left that option for business users / accounts now as if you have a personal account you would not need it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

local0host
Contributor
Contributor

Err... that must be a bad joke, I use currency conversion all the time to buy stuff in GPB, USD or CAD. The ability to convert currencies with a low fee is pretty much the reason why I use Paypal over my credit card. That they would suddenly make this feature only available to businesses after decades of it being available to all, without even announcing it, makes no sense.

Funny thing, this morning I had the issue, then I logged in with another browser and was able to make one currency conversion. Then the issue occurred in that other browser too... (and I'm stuck on it, which is how I landed here :x)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.