1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

GOALS

Options
Go to solution
Hutch368
Contributor

here this will help many people with the same problem• Move any money from your Goals to your PayPal balance
‌before May 3‌ (. On May 3, we’ll
‌move any remaining money for you.

• While you won’t be able to create new goals, any active goals you currently have will stay active until May 3.

• Make sure your account’s in good standing. If your PayPal balance
is negative, add funds to bring it up to at least $0. Otherwise,
money moved from your Goals will be used to offset
the negative balance.

View solution in original post

87 REPLIES 87

GOALS

Options
Go to solution
acembellish
Contributor

I don't know but I'm simply transferring my funds back to my Balance because we will be getting a new, more robust Goals feature they said in the email. I took a screenshot of my Goals/Amts so I'd have a record of how to set them up when the new program launches. I posted a discussion before this asking when we could expect the new Goals to roll out but no one has answered.

GOALS

Options
Go to solution
Jen4567
Contributor
I wish I had seen this before I started transfers to my bank. I didn't want all that money in my balance. I don't remember seeing or getting any email about Goals. I only even became aware by accident when I tried to Add money to my goals and it wouldn't let me, so I contacted customer service. THEY didn't tell me either. Apparently the reps don't know..? I really hope we do get a new Goals. Thanks for the info. 🤘👊👍🏻

GOALS

Options
Go to solution
acembellish
Contributor

@Jen4567  I'm sorry you're being frustrated by the changes in Goals, the lack of info and accidentally learning about the change. I was dismayed when I got that email because I just opened my Goals recently. I too did not want all of that money back in my balance but it is better than transferring it back to my bank, at least for me.

The email said while we can't create new Goals, the current Goals would remain. The way it was worded, I took it to mean that I could add to those Goals before I transfer the money. I'd planned to do that the last week of this month. So now I have 2 transfers from my bank scheduled into 2 Goals. Because of what you experienced when you tried to add funds, I now know that my transfers won't go through. I guess my funds will go into my Balance or bounce back to my bank. I feel like I am in one of those cartoons where the character is slipping and sliding on a patch of ice with arms and legs going every which way and can't stop...

I hope this does not turn into a debacle and I hope they hurry up and launch the new Goals. I really like the program. It makes it so much easier to manage my money than my bank savings.

This is what my email said:

On May 3, 2021, we’ll retire the PayPal Goals program. Soon, we’ll launch
a new, more robust suite of tools to help you save and manage money.
What you need to do
• Move any money from your Goals to your PayPal balance
before May 3(here’s a help article). On May 3, we’ll
move any remaining money for you.
• While you won’t be able to create new goals, any active goals you
currently have will stay active until May 3.
• Make sure your account’s in good standing. If your PayPal balance
is negative, add funds to bring it up to at least $0. Otherwise,
money moved from your Goals will be used to offset
the negative balance.
• To keep your money FDIC insured after it’s moved from Goals to
your PayPal balance, you’ll just need at least one FDIC-eligible
product. Get the PayPal Cash Card, enroll in Direct Deposit, or buy cryptocurrency.

Good luck to you. Good luck to all of us who use Goals. Praying that our funds will be safe. 🙏

GOALS

Options
Go to solution
Jen4567
Contributor
Thanks for sharing your email. I couldn't find mine (if they even sent me one). I even searched through all PayPal emails. 🤷🏻‍♀️😩 I even Googled 'paypal goals', etc... and STILL couldn't find anything about it. Oh well. At least I found out SOME how. Just kinda busts my buttons, ya know. 🤨🤬 Well, as I said, I just hope this new thing comes out soon. Thanks again.

GOALS

Options
Go to solution
acembellish
Contributor

I have not heard anything. Have any of you? I wish they would give us an update! 😐

GOALS

Options
Go to solution
GreenOne113
New Community Member

I hope they do soon too! It's incredibly helpful for helping me manage money.

GOALS

Options
Go to solution
acembellish
Contributor

I feel excited about what the new tools could be like. Maybe more colors and more groupings. Using PP Goals is much better than using 1 bank savings account, though we don't earn interest. I like that I can have as many Goals as I want. Since it ends on 5/3, I'm hoping that the new tools will be launched sometime in May.

GOALS

Options
Go to solution
Natasha68

Good to know, I was searching everywhere for my Goals 😩

GOALS

Options
Go to solution
MamaAngel
New Community Member

Can anyone tell me what program is replacing Goals?

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.