GOALS

TVR92

What can I use instead of Goals?

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88

heelandtoe

FYI, my Goal unexpectedly disappeared this morning (June 3, 2021) and its balance was apparently transferred to my normal PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

heelandtoe

Hi! My Goal disappeared and its balance was apparently transfered back to my normal balance on June 3rd.  Does anyone know why?

I also can't seem to create a new Goal.  Has this feature been quietly removed?

I understood that I should maintain a Goal balance sufficient to cover certain foreign bill pay amounts.

Login to Me Too

Jen4567
Contributor
Contributor
They're supposedly coming out with something else similar to Goals (eventually). As to WHY they got rid of goals, who knows. I couldn't find out a thing about it... not even the (several) PP reps I talked to (seemed) to know anything about it. I only stumbled upon some kind of "info/answers" HERE when *I posted about it and someone answered back. Even He didn't know much more other than they (PP) said they were ending the goals program but would be coming out with something else in the relatively near future.
Login to Me Too

acembellish
Contributor
Contributor

I hope it's soon and that we won't have to wait indefinitely. Many of us don't feel comfortable holding all of our funds in our Balances. We don't want to move them back to our banks and would not have even moved them out had we known Goals would end.

Login to Me Too

MariaErvin
Contributor
Contributor

All my goals accounts have disappeared and money deposited back into my main account, nowhere to restart my goals...what’s going on?

Login to Me Too

acembellish
Contributor
Contributor

You'll find some limited info in the other responses above. PP is supposed to be launching a better Goals feature but we haven't gotten info on when.

I've been reading a little at Reddit too to try and find any info. They don't know any more than we do. In fact, someone there has copied and pasted a response from here.

Login to Me Too

realdeals
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone ever had all the funds they had set aside in Goals suddenly get credited back to their main Paypal account balance? This just happened to me but I do not see any signs that would indicate that someone has breached my account password so just wondering if this is just some system glitch that sometimes happens? Because I certainly did not transfer any money out of any of my Goals, so I cannot fathom how it is that all my goals are suddenly gone and each one has been separately credited back to my main balance! Should I treat this situation as though an unauthorized someone has gained access to my account?? I really don't want to have to try to come up with yet another password to remember especially since I just recently changed it! I highly doubt that anyone who had gained unauthorized access would just **bleep** around transferring money from savings to the main balance but then not go any further and transfer money out or compolete a transaction! (It has been several days since the money was mysteriously moved from Goals to the main balance...but I only just now saw it and those are the only unauthorized transactions on the account! Besides that, it used to always still show the Goal on my Goals summary page even after all of the money had been transferred out, but now it does not show that I have ever had any Goals set up! So all of the existing Goals that had been on my account have all just up and vanished, the active ones and also the inactive, they are all just *poof!* inexplicably gone! I know it probably seems wierd to complain about this but it is a little disconcerting to see any account activity that I did not myself do...even if the money is still there, elsewhere in my account than where I had left it!

Login to Me Too

acembellish
Contributor
Contributor

You should be ok, but contact customer service if you have any problems. PP ended the Goals program in May because they are supposed to be launching a better Goals feature soon. For those who did not move their Goals funds back to their Balances, PP did it for them before the date it closed down. Some members who did not want to keep their funds in their Balance transferred them back to their banks. I and other chose to keep our funds in our Balances, hoping that we won't have to wait very much longer for the new Goals to launch.

If you read some of the replies above, you'll see more about what I'm sharing.

Login to Me Too

chilton7

It looks like Goals has gone away.  😭

Login to Me Too

FZ90
New Community Member
Where did my goal go. I had my money in a goal, and PayPal took my money out of the goal and took the goal away, I can’t even see where to make a new one.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.