GOALS

TVR92

What can I use instead of Goals?

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88

acembellish
Contributor
Contributor

@Jen4567  I'm sorry you're being frustrated by the changes in Goals, the lack of info and accidentally learning about the change. I was dismayed when I got that email because I just opened my Goals recently. I too did not want all of that money back in my balance but it is better than transferring it back to my bank, at least for me.

The email said while we can't create new Goals, the current Goals would remain. The way it was worded, I took it to mean that I could add to those Goals before I transfer the money. I'd planned to do that the last week of this month. So now I have 2 transfers from my bank scheduled into 2 Goals. Because of what you experienced when you tried to add funds, I now know that my transfers won't go through. I guess my funds will go into my Balance or bounce back to my bank. I feel like I am in one of those cartoons where the character is slipping and sliding on a patch of ice with arms and legs going every which way and can't stop...

I hope this does not turn into a debacle and I hope they hurry up and launch the new Goals. I really like the program. It makes it so much easier to manage my money than my bank savings.

This is what my email said:

On May 3, 2021, we’ll retire the PayPal Goals program. Soon, we’ll launch
a new, more robust suite of tools to help you save and manage money.
What you need to do
• Move any money from your Goals to your PayPal balance
before May 3(here’s a help article). On May 3, we’ll
move any remaining money for you.
• While you won’t be able to create new goals, any active goals you
currently have will stay active until May 3.
• Make sure your account’s in good standing. If your PayPal balance
is negative, add funds to bring it up to at least $0. Otherwise,
money moved from your Goals will be used to offset
the negative balance.
• To keep your money FDIC insured after it’s moved from Goals to
your PayPal balance, you’ll just need at least one FDIC-eligible
product. Get the PayPal Cash Card, enroll in Direct Deposit, or buy cryptocurrency.

Good luck to you. Good luck to all of us who use Goals. Praying that our funds will be safe. 🙏

Login to Me Too

Jen4567
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for sharing your email. I couldn't find mine (if they even sent me one). I even searched through all PayPal emails. 🤷🏻‍♀️😩 I even Googled 'paypal goals', etc... and STILL couldn't find anything about it. Oh well. At least I found out SOME how. Just kinda busts my buttons, ya know. 🤨🤬 Well, as I said, I just hope this new thing comes out soon. Thanks again.
Login to Me Too

acembellish
Contributor
Contributor

I have not heard anything. Have any of you? I wish they would give us an update! 😐

Login to Me Too

GreenOne113
New Community Member

I hope they do soon too! It's incredibly helpful for helping me manage money.

Login to Me Too

acembellish
Contributor
Contributor

I feel excited about what the new tools could be like. Maybe more colors and more groupings. Using PP Goals is much better than using 1 bank savings account, though we don't earn interest. I like that I can have as many Goals as I want. Since it ends on 5/3, I'm hoping that the new tools will be launched sometime in May.

Login to Me Too

Natasha68

Good to know, I was searching everywhere for my Goals 😩

Login to Me Too

Stacijo
New Community Member
Does anyone know why the goal program is ending?
Login to Me Too

Temp202120412f
Contributor
Contributor

why is paypal closing goals? It was helping me to save

Login to Me Too

GreenOne113
New Community Member

Right? its been incredibly helpful managing money for the cost of my side business. 

Login to Me Too

Misty85
New Community Member
Why is the goals being removed? I loved being able to separate my money. It helped alot to save and keep track of what I needed for each thing.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.