Error message OR-PPLT-04 when attempting to link account to Google Play

Cloud_Striker
Contributor
Contributor

I just attempted to link my Paypal account to the Google account on my phone. This failed, with the amazingly unhelpful error message OR-PPLT-04. I already tried looking that message up, but all I've found was a years old post here... complaining about how customer service was utterly incapable of helping in any way.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Cloud_Striker

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues linking your PayPal account to Google Play. Do you have a security key turned on? If so, you may have to add PayPal to your Google Play account using a laptop/desktop browser or mobile browser. 

To add your PayPal account to Google Play, try visiting play.google.com/store/account  and select "Add a new payment method." 

If you're still running into issues after that, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

nickalonzo20
New Community Member
The window says "Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."
Login to Me Too

buky27
Contributor
Contributor
thru trial and error...i think I figured it out and yes paypal costumer service didn't help but basically what i did was i went to paypal and clicked on the preferred button on what card i want...have it processed, it will get 100 pesos out of your account, you'll receive a code from your card statement enter that code in paypal...once it's all set and verified the 100 pesos is refunded try linking in the play store...it should work, i guess play store wants it safe ...if you have multiple cards or bank link in your paypal... having a preferred card selected will be easy to track too... the error code OR-PPLT-04 this is how i got through it
Login to Me Too

DOSKAT9000
Contributor
Contributor
I could say also after I attempted to add my PayPal account it says that i have to contact Paypal costumer service (OR-PPLT-04) even if I wait for a month the same error code still shows up I hope they can fix that because I have many stuff to buy and pay my bills tho
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.