Double payment

MichielSp1
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning.

A couple of days ago, I was asked to top-up my negative balance on PayPal of €29,00, which I did. The amount was related to two Uber payments (16.5€ + 12.5€) which couldn't be deducted from my bank account as there weren't enough funds on it.

However, yesterday I noted that these amounts have been deducted from my bank account as well (there were again funds on my bank account).

To summarize: I topped up my negative Paypal balance with €29 (which now stands at 0.00€) and I paid the 16.5€ and 12.5€ to Uber via Paypal. 

Not sure how to bring this to Paypal's attention, because I think something went wrong here.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Michiel.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichielSp1 

If you have failed bank transfer then Paypal automatically keep trying to access those funds to clear your negative balance.
They have already fronted the payment to the seller on your behalf and so want the money owed.

If you sent a bank transfer to your Paypal account and Paypal also automatically applied for the funds as well then you would have 2 payments processing to your paypal balance.
The first one to arrive will clear the negative balance and the second one will be credited as a + to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your balance once cleared.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MichielSp1
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you for your extensive reply.

I can confirm that I have sent a bank transfer to my Paypal account and Paypal also automatically applied for the funds.

However, the problem is that my balance in PayPal account is still set at zero (0.00€) where I would indeed expect that it now stands at 29.0€.

I am trying to recover it via the Paypal Resolution center, but have not received feedback as for now...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.