Does PayPal charge back the 2 small deposits they make for verifying your bank account?

Orfeas123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community.

I have successfully confirmed and connected my bank account (Bank: Eurobank, Country: Greece) to my PayPal account.

i wanted to ask if the 2 small deposits will eventually be debited from my bank account back to PayPal automatically. They have been to my account since 18 April and are still there.

Lastly, is there any official email address of PayPal? I am aware only for this email address -> [removed]. Do they answer to this address?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Orfeas123 

They should drop off, give it about 30 days.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Orfeas123 

They should drop off, give it about 30 days.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Orfeas123
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings kernowlass.

Thank you for your reply. I will wait and update back if the two small deposits droped off or not.

Have a nice day!

Login to Me Too

Orfeas123
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings.

@kernowlass I am updating you that the two small deposits have not been debited from my bank account back to PayPal yet. They have been to my account since 18 April and are still there.

Is there any solution to that?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Orfeas123 

I told you how to contact customer services in my first post?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Orfeas123
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings mr. @kernowlass.

Yes, you told me how to contact Customer Service via other ways. Today i was able to contact Customer Service via Facebook and Twitter. They gave me the answers:

They will automatically get refunded immediately. It may take some time to appear on your statement. I suggest to check a couple of days later (Twitter).

The small deposits are temporary and will be removed from your bank account. EG. If the deposits are $.05 and $.15, you'll also see a debit of $.20 by PayPal on your bank statement. When i asked them when, they told me: I'm sorry, but we don't have a timeline for it because our security system performs it automatically and we have no influence over it. (Facebook).

So there was not any solution yet. I will wait for them to be removed / appear on my statement when they drop off. I hope they get removed soon. I may send another message here later on with feedback.

Just to be clear, i want the 2 small deposits to drop off because they do not belong to me. I just use PayPal services casually from time to time.

Have a nice day!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.